Tuesday, you say?
Well, I'll be! Sneaks right up on you when you're napping heavily, doesn't it?
I'll take randomness for $1,000, Alex.
1. Frugality can bite you in the butt. I usually bring some pineapple to work. I just toss the can in my bag and don't have to worry about leakage. For a morning snack I eat half the can then, after lunch, I save the other half in the (washed) tupperware from my lunch. However, we're in that in between time now and I've got half a can of pineapple just stinking up the joint and it's making me crazy.
2. I did a lot of stuff to try to speed up my computer/uploading and none of it seemed to work. Then last night when I came home all the uploading went off without a hitch and the computer was faster. (Yes, one of the many things I tried was rebooting.)
3. I am alone in our little office with no prospects for company for the rest of the day. How glorious is that? Not that I don't like the folks that join me in here but a day of solitude is pretty cool.
4. I'm thinking about doing the MS Walk next month (I'd do Saturday since I've got a brunch on Sunday). I used to do it in honor of a friend (who can out herself if she wishes but it's not my place) and then, I'm not sure what happened, I think I went away for a year and 9/11 changed the walk's course and I just never got back into it. I noticed that the walks are coming up and thought I might do it. If I did, would you donate to the cause? I think I have to raise a couple hundred bucks to be eligible.
5. Chrome and I got to hang out in her home borough of Queens at Lilybainne's 40th birthday surprise extravaganza on Saturday. It was a really lovely night on all fronts and I'm so glad we were able to do it. Well, minus the dude who decided that, despite our clearly saying that Chrome lived happily in Queens, she should be the person to whom he dissed the borough. Not everyone can be socially graceful I suppose, Lord knows I'm not.
6. Do you proof read your blog posts? I do.
7. The entire surface of my body is so ridiculously dry that I could probably peel it off in one sheet and sell my "skin suit."
8. I am embarrassed to heat up my lunch at work because, although it is tasty, it smells strongly of cauliflower and looks like vomit.
9. So far there's no more fraud on my account but I'm keeping a close eye on it. I have sent an e-mail to ChemE asking her to guest post about online safety for one's money and ID but I haven't heard back yet. She doesn't check her home e-mail every night because, "I spend all day with the computer beeping at me, beep, beep, BEEP! Who wants to come home and get more of that?" (me, Me, ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
10. I have agreed to assist at a function that begins at midnight this Friday. I feel glamorous! No, I feel hip! No, wait, that's not it. I feel nervous that I will fall asleep. Not really. I actually like to stay up late, I just usually do so on my couch.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Tuesday, you say?